I am honored to have been invited by Tom Woods to contribute to his excellent online Liberty Classroom courses. See below for the lectures I’ve contributed. Click the button below to learn more about accessing these and other great Liberty Classroom lectures.
What Is The Liberty Classroom?
Watch the video below to see bestselling author and Liberty Classroom founder Tom Woods describe what The Liberty Classroom is all about:
Learn Real History and Economics in Your Car. Ask Questions of the Experts. Become a Ferocious Debater.
Who Is The Liberty Classroom For?
- Are you interested in history and economics from a pro-freedom perspective, but don’t know where to begin or which sources you can trust?
- Do you wish you could defend yourself more effectively in discussions with friends, family, and colleagues?
- Is your history teacher or professor giving you a biased version of history?
- Do you read articles critical of the free society and wish you could answer them?
- Are you tired of propaganda and eager for the truth?
Then Liberty Classroom is for you.
Now you can learn real American and European history, as well as economics, from professors you can trust in an inexpensive online classroom that meets whenever you want it to. Lectures are available in both video and audio format, and can be viewed or listened to on your computer or on your mobile device. Discussion boards allow you to ask questions of faculty and discuss course content with fellow students.
Brion McClanahan Lectures
The Liberty Classroom is a program that gives you access to all audio and video lectures from New York Times bestselling authors and historians Tom Woods and Kevin Gutzman as well as from myself and other faculty. Below are some of the lectures I have contributed.
- Colonial Background
- Virginia and the Cavaliers
- The Southern Colonies and the Celts
- The Middle Colonies and the Quakers
- The French as an English Problem
- The Age of Jackson, II: Tyler, Polk, & the War with Mexico, Part I
- The Age of Jackson, II: Tyler, Polk, & the War with Mexico, Part II
- The Political Crisis of the 1850s, Part I
- The Political Crisis of the 1850s, Part II
- Secession, Part I
- Secession, Part II
- “Mr. Lincoln’s War,” Part I
- “Mr. Lincoln’s War,” Part II
- North Over South: Recreating the Union, Part I
- North Over South: Recreating the Union, Part II
- Corruption, Compromise, and the End of Military Reconstruction